2611 Arbor Ave
Celebrate the tree planter’s holiday right here where it all began at Arbor Day Farm in Nebraska City. All across this 260-acre campus, opportunities abound to play, learn, taste, and shop, all in celebration of trees.
At the Tree Adventure:
• Tree climbing – Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m. weather permitting.
• Learn how trees “talk” to one another and participate in a Land Art project or make a cork boat to take home with you.
• Play with tree puzzles and take part in a nature weaving activity.
• Climb aboard the Discovery Ride – an informative guided journey into the backwoods of Arbor Day Farm. $5 per person. Kids age 2 and under ride free. Rides depart at 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. both days (weather permitting).
• Tree Adventure admission: $8 adults; $6 youth (age 3-12). Includes a tree seedling to plant at home.
At the Apple House Market:
Sip Arbor Day Farm’s newest wine varieties and enjoy an apple slushie while you shop for jams, jellies, salsa, honey, pies, and other tasty treats.
At Lied Lodge:
Relax, retreat, and gather together at Lied Lodge with beautiful, nature-inspired guest rooms, an indoor pool, award-winning restaurant, and on-site spa. For availability and reservations, call 800-546-5433.
Arbor Lodge State Historical Park is open for visitors, too. Take an inspiring, up-close look at the life and legacy of J. Sterling Morton, the founder of Arbor Day. No park entry fee is required.
At the Morton Mansion:
• Explore the 52-room mansion and learn about the history of Arbor Day.
• Take a peek into spring planting on the Morton Farm and view local Arbor Day poetry and poster contest entries.
• Enjoy living history and musical entertainment.
• Free admission to the mansion April 26-28!